Powered by Blogger.

One of the Military Perks

There are pluses being in the Military and as well as being stationed in Okinawa with the other 3 branches (Army, Navy and Air Force). One of the best pluses that my wife loves are the free concert that each branch sponsors. From seeing the Idol Tour in Camp Hansen to Hoobastank in Kadena AFB and to The Fray in Camp Shields. There were other concerts going on as well too.  Trace Adkins was on the Island but we were not able to make it. 

 (The Fray Concert, Camp Shields, Okinawa)

The Fray performance was awesome, the lead singer also mentioned that he had family that was in the Navy. This was the last performance on his tour. To tell you the truth, I never listened to their music and my wife mentioned that I was missing out. Anyways, it started to rain just a little but rain or shine. We will be there to reap the benefits of being stationed here and for the military spouses. 

(Idol Tour, Camp Hansen, Okinawa)
The Idol Group that came by was alright but you know mixture of beer and Marines tend to be a little roudy. This was a 2 day performance in Camp Hansen but the second day. They performed the same songs they did the first day but I can understand it was probably meant for folks who did not make it the first show. 

(Hoobastank, Chili's, Kadena AFB, Okinawa)
You know how some say that a picture is worth a thousand words? Well this one was worth waiting for 2 hours long in Chili's, according to my wife but I will get to that in a little bit. Anyways, Hoobastank performed on Kadena AFB, I have never went to this type of concert, so all I did was just take photos. During their little breaks between songs, the lead singer would keep saying to put the camera's away because whats better than enjoying a live performance? At the same time, I swear he was looking at me. Haha! So I put down the camera and stopped with the photo taking. For a little bit. Well after they performed and knowing we could not sneak into the meet and greet. We decided to get dinner at the near by Chili's. So after about an hour or 2 of talking and eating. My wife excitingly waved at someone that was walking towards her who were behind me but they didn't even acknowledge her. Well it was Hoobastank that walked in to get something to eat. So respectively, my wife allowed them to eat and not disturb them. 

A lady walked passed us who sponsored them and my wife asked if we can have a photo taken by them. She responded, "sure." Well after about 2 hours, it seemed like the lady was trying to get the group out of Chili's (The lady's Bitch Move). So my wife got up and asked them herself. Even the group didn't mind taking photos but the lady kept trying to push us along. *Keep in mind there was a curfew that was set for all active military members to be back in their home by 11pm* 


Overall, being in the military or even being a spouse has their perks and perks like these are always fun because who is going to complain about free entertainment with actually famous groups?  





MOOD- Ambitious, Loved & Thrilled
SONG PLAYING-You Found Me by The Fray

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 The Blog Of JuN
Design by BloggerThemes