Powered by Blogger.

My Two Best Okinawan Quick Eats!

These two places below will satisfy your stomach without emptying your pocket and they prepare the food in a timely manner. You will keep coming back and never leave these places disappointed.  

Hotto Motto

Hotto Motto is a Bento restaurant, meaning that it is a single portion take out or a home packed meal. So, no dine in, there are seats but there are no tables. Some maybe have a picnic table and trash can located outside of the restaurant but that is it. 



Hotto Motto is so far my favorite quick place to grab a bite, at the same time its cheap. During my first tour here in Okinawa, Japan, I never knew about this place or even once stopped in. If it was not for my wife that suggested to go, I would never have been addicted to their Soy Sauce Chicken Wings and Steam rice. I know there are many other choices in the menu but like I said, the wings are addictive. 





Sukiya

Sukiya is another one of my favorite places that I have never tried out on my first tour here and yes another place my wife has suggested to eat at. What an outcome, they have different ranges of rice bowl sizes from small to mega. Not like Hotto Motto, there are seats and tables or a bar style seating. They also, have a button like a door bell, to let the waiter know your ready to order. 



The main bowls in Sukiya are thinly sliced meat drenched in an amazing soy sauce broth, which tops the steamed rice that sits on the bottom the bowl. *As you can see in the photo* Also, available is curry and rice but we never gave them a chance yet. 







MOOD-Hungry, Full & Satisfied
SONG PLAYING-YOLO by The Lonely Island Feat. Adam Levine & Kendrick Lemar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 The Blog Of JuN
Design by BloggerThemes