Powered by Blogger.

Why I joined the Marines? (Answered 2004 and Now)

(PVT Valladolid, *MCRD Recruit Graduate* 2005)

Describe in your own words "Why I Joined the Marines Corps?"

"The reason why is that I cannot be working at like Walmart for the rest of my life. I'm joining the Marines Corps is to build some skills I can use after the military. I (scribbled "I" out) Maybe check out what education opportunities it has. I just really want to take the challenge."

Signed by me on August 20,2004


WOW! Talk about Ghetto. HAHA!


(Sgt. Valladolid, Camp Hansen, Okinawa 2013)



Well if this question was asked to me again. I would say....

"The reason why I joined the Marines is because I needed to become better then the rest. Also, a ticket out of  Alaska permanently, a ticket to discover the world and at the same time, a ticket to a undiscovered self. To gain technical skills and to push my physical fitness to its limits, which in turn strengthens me mentally.  The Marines give me a pride of belonging, a pride of history that no other branch has ever cared for until recently. The traditions that the Marines withhold and which is practiced everyday. So, overall the reason why I joined the Marines. Is to be apart of the few and the proud."

Feb 2013


I know that may have sounded like an answer for a recruiting commercial. It is really how I feel right now. As you can see, I have fulfilled my first reason why I joined and now. I might have not been deployed but I have been to several places and maybe one place that some Marines may not have. Overall a Marine is a Marine no matter what.



MOOD-Reminisce, Proud & Strong
SONG PLAYING-Children of the Sun by Deep Foundation

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 The Blog Of JuN
Design by BloggerThemes